Feb 20, 2019
Erik Anderson (Awards Watch) joins Phil and Kenny to discuss
the multiple Oscar-winning film "The Cider House Rules" and the
But first, much like a certain Cider House, this podcast has
The Podcast Like It's 1999 Rules:
1. Please do not talk about The Cider House Rules as if it was
a worthy Best Picture nominee over Magnolia, Being John Malkovich,
Eyes Wide Shut or The Talented Mr. Ripley. Or Toy Story 2. Or
Notting Hill. Or The Mummy. Or EdTV. Or Anywhere but Here. Or Deuce
2. Please do not mention Michael Caine's Best Supporting Actor
performance without also including that Tom Cruise was
3. Please do not speak positively about John Irving's Best
Adapted Screenplay win without noting the category also included
Election, The Talented Mr. Ripley, the Insider and The Green Mile*
(*Mentioning the Green Mile is optional).
4. Please do not give this film "bonus points" for tackling
abortion or the exploitation of marginalized workers without also
noting the issues are shown exclusively from the point of view of
5. Please do not drink or smoke on the roof.
If you follow those rules, we should have a great podcast, you
Princes of Maine, you Kings of New England.